Wednesday, April 22, 2009

education.

Let's learn about the digestive system!
Here's a script I wrote up for a pretend children's TV show.
Hooray for education.

Hamburger: "Hey, kids! I'm a hamburger!"
Bun: "And I'm a bun!"
Hamburger: "We're here to show you how the digestive system works."
Bun: "We're going to travel all the way through!"
Hamburger: "Well, here we gooo!"
-down the hatch-
H: "First is the mouth, where we are cut, teared, and ground up by the teeth and dissolved by saliva!"
B: "Oh gosh, Hamburger, I'm getting crushed!"
H: "It's okay, Bun, it's only temporary! When we're soft and small enough, we'll be swallowed, and get sent down the esophagus!"
-swallow-
B: "It sure is dark in here. I'm getting pushed down tho the stomach by all the smooth muscle lining the esophagus!"
H: "Oh, here comes the stomach!"
-fssshhh-
B: "AGGGHHHH!!! IT BURNS!!!"
H: "Are you okay, Bun!? We're getting mixed into chyme right now, it should take an hour or two!"
B: "Oh God-- the acid, the acid!"
-dumped into the small intestine-
H: "Hold on, Bun. We're entering the duodenum, where we'll be digested even more by enzymes and fluids from the pancreas and the liver!"
B: "And now we're getting all of our nutrients absorbed by the villi in the small intestine?? Why, cruel world!?"
-wither-
H: "Nutrient free we are, Bun! Now we're entering the large intestine, where we'll be removed of water!"
-shooooop-
B: "Hamburger, I'm feeling... dehydrated..."
H: "Hang in there, Bun, we're almost out!"
B: "I-I see... a light..."
-plop-
-flush-

1 comment: