Sunday, April 19, 2009

gundams.

So my uncle sent me a Gundam as a gift from Korea a few days ago, and I'm suddenly obsessed with them.

The truth is, I've never really been into Gundams.
Maybe it's because I've never watched more than one episode of the anime, but I suspect that it's because the two Gundams I built in the past turned out quite poorly.
The first was a HG (High Grade) Wing Zero Gundam Endless Waltz Version, the second an SD (Super Deformed) Wing Zero (again!) Gundam.

As far as I know, there are three basic levels of GUNPLA, in order of complexity/necessary skill level.
HG = "High Grade"
MG = "Master Grade"
PG = "Perfect Grade"


Both fell apart pretty a few days after completion, and I have no idea what happened to them, sadly...

Anyway, back to the point.
After my uncle sent me a MG Destiny Gundam ZGMF-X42S, I quickly became interested in the hobby.
I've been window shopping for Gundams for a couple of days now, and I have to say that they are sexy when well built, and I don't think MG Gundams will fall apart so easily.

No, really, you have to agree that they are sexy.

Here are some interesting Gundams I've found during my search:
MG Strike Freedom Gundam
MG Unicorn Gundam Ver.Ka
MG Hi-Nu Gundam
MG Strike Noir Gundam
PG Gundam Astray Red Frame Initial Production Ver. (Discontinued)

I only wish I had gotten into building Gundams sooner, because it really is an interesting hobby. Plus, Gundams look cool. Wouldn't you agree?

1 comment: